Over the last month, I've discovered what I presumed to be true. My child has dyslexia. My blog is dedicated to these wonderfully different learners. I marvel at their creativity, out of the box thinking and their infectious need for humor. This is a journey of our discovery process and our journey homeschooling with what works. I hope you will find encouragement along with helpful advice in teaching your right brain learner in this left brain world.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Time4Learning

Before the Holidays, I was excited to hear about an opportunity to try an online interactive curriculum. I had been looking for something that my children could do independently while I was working with another child. Teaching children with dyslexia can be very labor intensive, and I needed a way to keep the distractions from my other two children at a minimum. The generous people at Time4Learning allowed me to use their curriculum for free for one month, and in return, I agreed to write a review of our experience with their curriculum.

Time4Learning uses animated lessons to teach language arts, math, social studies and science. Kids are able to learn at their own pace, and parents are able to take advantage of their automated grading, lesson plans and detailed reporting.

What worked for us

Time for learning was easy to use
It kept my children engaged
The material was interesting
It kept distractions to a minimum while I was working one on one with another child.

What didn't work for us

My children are dyslexic, so I couldn't take advantage of the Language Arts portion.
The only portion we were able to use was the Science portion, and we would be able to go through it within a month or two.

Although I love Time4Learning's interactive format, it could never take the place of a loving parent teaching their child. However, I do think Time4Learning is an awesome supplement for Homeschoolers or for parents who want to keep their children engaged during the weekends, Holidays or summer months. If you are a new homeschooling parent, Time4Learning would be a great place to start while you research all your homeschooling options. For your free trial visit Time4Learning

No comments:

Post a Comment